My Chinzi !

My Chinzi !
Chinzi was born on the 22nd of December 2006 in Durban, Natal, on the east coast of South Africa.

She spent her first few weeks with 8 other littermates, and lots of big dogs. Apparently she was the smallest in the litter. After both her sisters were picked by handlers who was part of the SA team who won the Large Team Event at the 2005 FCI World Agility Championships, one who owns her father Chi, Chinzi was put on a flight to Cape Town, and I met her for the first time at the airport.

She was quiet and shy all the way in the car, back to a show where all my agility friends were waiting to meet her.

Everybody loved her straight away, and in time she crept deep into the hearts of everyone who came to know her. She can entertain herself for hours by playing on her own with holding one toy in her mouth, and kicking a ball around with her feet. Chinzi is really a special girl and has lightened up my life.

Well, I can only hope she follows in her father's Agility footsteps! Watch this space! :)

KUSA Nationals - Reserve Flyball

KUSA Nationals - Reserve Flyball

Monday, December 1, 2008

Swimming update...


Re: Cheer Up Chinzi !
by Annaret on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:44 pm
Progressing to the beach...

Obviously Chinzi's not allowed to walk on soft sand, as sand is the most strenous on tendons. So she gets carried into the water and then enjoys herself THOROUGHLY!!! This session was at Struisbaai this morning.







We're hoping to have some more of this kind of fun during the month of December!

Re: Cheer Up Chinzi !
by Glendyr on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:42 am
What a stunning beach & pics - that will have all "beach" addicts green with envy. Compared to our stint at the Lagoon early Saturday I have just realised that you were in the Indian Ocean - much warmer than my favourite spot. Trying to get my knee, & Megs, into the ice water was difficult & within seconds our ankles were blue making it hard to stay in for long. The dogs didn't seem to mind though & Chaos soon gained confidence & braved the sea even though Megs & I forgot about his short legs & looked back to find him spluttering as the waves were going over his head Sorry Chaos - you are a brave puppy indeed Drattedly neither of us thought to take a camera - next time
"The reason dogs are man's best friend is 'cos their tails wag & not their tongues"
Re: Cheer Up Chinzi !
by Megs on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 am
BEAUTIFUL photo's Annaret, she seems so at home in the water, just like chels.haha, I swear I thought my feet were going to fall off in that water Glendyr, although after a while it seemed to get better or rather I couldn't feel my ankles anymore!!Chaos is my brave boy, nothing really scares him (which im happy about) and he enjoyed terrorizing Glendyr's girls, especially Chels and Mocha. I can't wait for the day he dives straight into the water when we arrive at the beach!!Yes, we definetly need to take a camera next time. It was a fun morning walk indeed.
"I am the voice of the voiceless"

No comments: